All movie buffs are eagerly waiting for the best movies of the year to release. This primer includes a list of few of the films which viewers are eagerly waiting for. Spanning across all genre 2014 will see some of the greatest Hollywood releases. With a strong plot and brilliant performance of the cast, these movies are sure to be box-office hits. If you too are a movie buff, you won’t have to wait too long for the releases. Some good movies are scheduled for release in the months of August and September.
1. Get on Up is a biographical drama film which is based on the life of the singer James Brown. This movie has been written by John Henry Butterworth and Jez Butterworth. It revolves around the story of the James Brown’s rise from poverty to one of the most successful musicians in history. This drama film has been directed by Tate Taylor. The release date of this biopic film is 1st August 2014. Chadwick Boseman plays the lead role of James Brown Viola Davis has played the role of Susie Brown. Lennie James too is a part of the cast who plays the role of Joseph Brown, James Brown’s father.
2. Movie buffs are looking forward to the release of The Last of Robin Hood. This biographical drama is set to release on August 29th, 2014. In the movie Kevin Kline features as Errol Flynn. The movie directed by Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland revolves around the last days of Robin Hood. According to The New York Observer Kline, has displayed a powerful and mesmerizing performance. Dakota Fanning too is a part of the cast who has played the role of Beverly Aadland. The movie revolves around the high-flying relationship which existed between Errol Flynn and Beverly Aadland.
3. God Help the Girl is due for release on 5thSeptember 2014. It is an interesting musical which has been shot in Glasgow. The movie premiered in the World Cinema drama section at the Sundance Film Festival. The film won a special jury prize at the Sundance Film Festival. The movie revolves around the story of a girl Eve who is battling emotional problems. She starts writing songs to recover. Through songwriting, she meets two musicians James and Cassey who become an integral part of her life.
4. A romantic dramedy film which is set to release on 15th August 2014 is The One I love. This film premiered at Sundance Film Festival on 21st January 2014. Reviews on the movie reveal that Charles Mc Dowell has made an impressive directorial debut with this movie. The cast includes Elizabeth Moss and Mark Duplass, who have displayed spectacular performances.
5. Let’s Be Cops is a comedy film which will be a great choice for entertainment. It has been directed by Luke Grenfield and has been scripted by Nicholas Thomas. The cast includes Jake Johnson and Damon Waynas, who are two friends. They pretend to be police officers staying in Los Angeles. The shooting of the film began in May 2013 and by July it was wrapped up. The movie is scheduled for release on 13th August, 2014. The cinematography in the movie has been captured by Daryn Okada. The music score in the movie has been directed by Christophe Beck and Jake Monaco.
The above mentioned movies are few releases this year which are being expected to be a success. Experts feel that these movies will receive internationalfame and positive reviews from critics. It is not too long before you will get to watch these movies at the leading cineplexes and theatres.
Author Bio: Susan Mathews enjoys watching comedy movies on Comcast. According to her, the best way to unwind is to watch movies.