Be it the astounding Marina Beach or a perspective from St. Thomas Mount, a wonderful dance show at Kalakshetra or a stroll in the Theosophical Society at Adyar, you more likely than not seen Chennai and welcomed its rich society and engineering. So, if you are looking for a peaceful outing away from crowds then you should definitely try these getaways from Chennai. If you stay in Mumbai and wanting to escape from the hassle of the city then these places around Chennai are the best destinations for you. Just look out for cheap flights from Mumbai to Chennai and get ready to have fun.
1. Horsley Hills: This stunning hill station is situated at a height of 4,100 ft. The old name of the hills was Yenugu Mallamma Konda and it has an extremely fascinating story behind it. Long time back a young lady called Mallamma used to recuperate tribal individuals and was taken care of by an elephant. One day she abruptly vanished and couldn't be found. Individuals felt that she was a goddess and they fabricated a sanctuary in her memory. The tranquil magnificence of the spot with its historical center and lake offers an awesome chance to investigate all alone.
2. Muthupet Mangroves: The Mangroves' tidal pond and a boat ride is something you should encounter. The tidal pond is found 8 kms from the town of Muthupet and must be come to by boat. Secured by forests on both sides, the site is amazing as you achieve the point where the saline water meets the ocean. You will likewise witness stunning feathered creatures in transit which can be a treat to photography significant others and winged animal watchers.
3. Chandragiri: Situated close to Tirupati, Chandragiri is known for the popular Chandragiri fort worked in the eleventh century. The one of a kind thing about this fortification is its simplicity. Two little lakes close-by where you can appreciate a lovely boat ride and the enormous yards make an immaculate area for a family cookout. There are numerous small sanctuaries close to the fort however only one of them conduct prayers. There is additionally a light and sound show at night which you ought not miss.
4. Talakona Waterfalls: The wonderful waterfalls are situated between the thick forest and bottomless greenery. It is trusted that the water of these falls is loaded with mending powers. It is the tallest waterfall in Andhra Pradesh and is additionally celebrated for Lord Siddeswara Swamy Temple, which is found near the waterfall. You can spot wild creatures like Mouse Deer, Slender Loris, Indian Giant Squirrel, Panther, Golden Gecko, Porcupine, Chital and Sambar here. Trekking, flying creature watching, wilderness safari, vessel ride are a portion of the exercises you can partake in.
5. Alamparai Fort: This fort was inherent eighteenth century AD by Mughals and is accepted to be the main port around then. The stronghold falls under State Department of Archeology, what you can see now is just stays of the block and limestone dividers. One of the lesser known spots close Chennai, the excellent surroundings around the broken walls are something you should witness. On the off chance that you get on these remnants, you can get an astonishing perspective of the sea. The nearby villagers can likewise orchestrate boating.
With so many off beat destinations to visit around Chennai, get ready to pack your bags and explore nature from close quarters. Although, keep your eyes on cheap flights from Mumbai to Chennai to save money.