Today almost all the wireless router possesses an method for the consumer to setup the router based on their convenience and choice. The web interface gets linked to your pc as soon as a wireless router is used along with it. The wireless router is attached to the laptop or computer by using a wireless as well as LAN connection. Usually the wireless router can be accessed with the default IP 192.168.2.1. Once you input this IP address to the web browser address bar you'll be asked to enter a default router password. That password is required just to stop some other users from getting into your network system or using your internet for diverse or bad uses.
Setting up your account information
Whenever you make use of your wireless router username and password make certain nobody else sees it. So when you have to set up a completely new security password avoid weaker passwords. In its place create a powerful one which is hard to guess. These passwords are very essential for the safety of your computer network. It's good if you note those account details and maintain it at a secure spot. However, if you happen to forget the password there are several techniques to try to retrieve it.
What you can do if you forget the security password?
When you follow the steps given below you can rest assured that you're going to retrieve your password easily.
1. Default login details: The password and username of the wireless router are usually stated on the package or at the very top or bottom of the wireless router. Those default login details of wireless routers are typically equal for every wireless router and could be used on the wireless routers to gain access to it. If you're not able to find the default account information, you may try entering the router brand name in the database. This is going to help you get to the default password and allow you get complete access to the router.
You could try the factory reset procedure
This could be the most effective processes to choose, if in case you've lost the username and password of your wireless router. If you opt to reset the router to default configurations you should be informed that all the changes you may have recently made to the wireless router options shall be deleted. Resetting the wireless router to default options deletes any changes for example port forwarding, SSID or wireless password.
Steps for hard reset process
If you wish to hard-reset your router to factory options, abide by these steps.
• Literally place your fingers to the wireless router.
• Take a good look in the rear of the wireless router to get the reset button
• That button has a reset label on top of it
• Take a paperclip and hold this particular button pressed for a few moments. After that let go the button.
• Next the router is going to reboot and when it finishes booting it will be reset to its factory settings.
• Once you finish those steps it will be easy to gain access to the router settings with the default security password. Don't forget to generate a fresh wireless network security password and wireless network name..
• Do not forget that because you have deleted all of the earlier settings for example wireless network name and password, you will need to set them up once again.
The methods we have mentioned above will let you restore your wireless router security password. Basically it isn't that tough to hard-reset the wireless router, so you have nothing to be worried about if you happen to forget the default username and password.
However, it is usually good to write down the default IP address of the wireless router, and the default account information. No one knows when you will have to have them just as before, so you won't have to reset the router just as before.
Useful Article : IP Address Definition.com